About Rebecca Anderson
Rebecca Wood Anderson is a member of the Idaho, Oregon and California State Bars and has 30 years of experience in commercial real estate and business law, including commercial financing, office and retail center development and leasing, farm/ranch leases and operating agreements, multi-parcel assemblage and development, purchase and sale transactions, energy transactions, residential and condominium development, conservation easements and transactions, communication tower transactions, land use, loan work-outs, real estate and business work-outs, easement and right of way issues, business entity and LLC formation, operation and dissolution, project due diligence, approvals, and permitting.
Rebecca also leads the firm’s Dispute Resolution practice. She combines her extensive legal knowledge and negotiation/deal-making skills with her ability to navigate difficult emotions and think “outside-the-box” to transform disputes into deals. She provides mediation, advocacy and facilitation services in all types of business and real estate disputes including those arising in employment settings and divorce and trust/estates proceedings. Rebecca also serves as “co-counsel” in difficult divorce and estate cases involving high net worth clients and complex business and real estate holdings.
Rebecca’s legal career began in San Diego, California where she practiced with Gray, Cary, Ames and Frye, handling complex real estate finance, development, leasing, and other commercial transactions. In 1991, she joined Albertson’s as an in-house attorney focusing on major retail development deals, later advancing to Senior Manager, supervising all aspects of commercial real estate development. She also supervised the legal team’s work in pharmacy acquisitions, in-store banking, surplus property, and property management. In 2004, Rebecca opened up her own practice and maintained it for 10 years, serving a large energy based client and medium sized business in the Treasure Valley and Oregon. In 2014, Rebecca joined Jones, Gledhill, Fuhrman and Gourley where she handles a wide array of real estate and business transactions and disputes in both Idaho and Oregon.
Rebecca is a fourth-generation lawyer, born and raised in Portland, Oregon, where her great-grandfather, C.E.S. Wood, founded the Wood law firm, carried on by her grandfather and father. Rebecca is an active community member, teaching art classes at the local YMCA and participating in YMCA leadership committees as well as serving on the Board of the Boise Coop. She loves mountain biking, road biking, skiing, backpacking, and other outdoor adventures with her husband and four grown children.
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACCOLADES
- AV Preeminent® rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Top Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® in Dispute Resolution
- Top Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® in Commercial Real Estate Law
- Included in “Best Lawyers of America”
- Member, Idaho, Oregon and California Bars
- Approved Mediator for the Courts of Idaho, Oregon and the United States District Court for the District of Idaho
- Member, BOMA Idaho
- Former Board Member, Boise Coop
- Visiting Speaker and Professor – University of Oregon (Real Estate and Conservation Transactions)
- Key Note Speaker and Workshop Presenter on Dispute Resolution and Corporate Communication
- Named as one of five members of Fortune 500 Company’s Re-engineering Brainstorming Task Force
- Recipient Sammy Award 2005
- Recipient CRIPTC Award 2005
University of California, Davis School of Law 1987 – Order of the Coif (Top 5%)
- Graduated Order of the Coif (Top 5%)
- Chairperson, Moot Court Board
- Winner, Moot Court Competition
- American Jurisprudence Award in Constitutional Law
- American Jurisprudence Award in Business Associations
- University of Washington, 1984
- Magna Cum Laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Honors, Political Science Department