About David Corey
David Corey is a trial attorney who exclusively defends physicians and hospitals against medical malpractice lawsuits and professional licensing proceedings. Dave has tried 19 medical malpractice jury trials, in addition to numerous other civil jury trials, bench trials and arbitration hearings and administrative hearings.
Dave frequently represents physicians in licensing proceedings before the Washington Medical Commission. Prior to private practice, Dave was a criminal prosecutor where he tried over 60 criminal cases.
At the University of Denver, Dave was a captain of the varsity swim team and a 1990 NAIA All-American selection. He continues to be heavily involved in swim coaching, masters swimming and open water swimming. A Seattle native, Dave is a resident of Ballard where he serves on the board of his children’s school.
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Anchorage Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Pierce County Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
- 2005-06, 2008, 2010 Rising Star by Super Lawyers
- 2020 Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers
Admitted To Practice
- Alaska State Bar
- Washington State Bar
- United States District Court for the District of Alaska
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- United States Supreme Court