About Emma Swan
Emma is a Partner and Head of Commercial Employment. She is responsible for the strategic direction of the commercial employment practice and maintains key client relationships on behalf of the team and the firm as a whole.
Emma takes a dynamic and pragmatic approach to finding workable commercial solutions for clients. She is highly driven and valued by clients not only as an employment lawyer, but also as a business adviser who is accessible and attentive.
She has considerable experience and expertise throughout employment law practice, including:
- Engaging with clients at a strategic level advising on employment aspects of restructures, transfers, mergers and acquisitions;
- Advising on TUPE, with particular expertise in service provision changes;
- Highly experienced advocacy in Employment Tribunal cases, appearing in tribunals throughout England, Wales and Scotland;
- Managing day-to-day HR issues, particularly involving discrimination; and
- Providing practical and strategic training to business owners, directors, management and HR teams.
Emma has considerable experience advising and assisting private sector clients, from local SMEs to large multinational PLCs. She has particular expertise in the manufacturing and construction industries.