About Gina Harasti
Gina has more than 20 years of experience advising clients on intellectual property matters, with emphasis in the areas of trademark and copyright. She also has significant background in corporate matters, providing practical advice to small and medium-sized businesses as well as start-ups.
A wide range of entrepreneurs and business clients – from software companies to apparel retailers to consulting services providers – have turned to Gina for counsel on trademark and copyright law. She has extensive experience working with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and regularly navigates clearance, filing and prosecution of trademark applications on behalf of clients. With substantial prior experience in litigation, Gina also represents clients in copyright disputes, including defending hospitality establishments against allegations of Cable Act violations.
In addition to her intellectual property work, she has long provided general outside counsel to business owners in the region, advising on entity formation, real estate, and employment matters, and mediating business disputes. She also provides opinion letters in connection with EV-SSL web site security certificates.
Dedicated to upholding high standards in the legal profession, Gina has served on the Peer Review Committee for the Attorney Grievance Commission for the State of Maryland for more than 10 years, and has taught business ethics and intellectual property law at University of Maryland University College. Before joining Bowie & Jensen, she had her own practice in the Baltimore area.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D.
- University of Maryland, B.S.
- U.S. District Court – Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals – Fourth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Appointee, Peer Review Committee for Attorney Grievance Commission for State of Maryland
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- Former appointee, Criminal Justice Act Misdemeanor Panel for United States District Court for the District of Maryland (2001-2016)
- Former faculty member, University of Maryland University College (2000-2013)
- Provided instruction in intellectual property and business ethics
- Board of Directors, College Station Community Association of Hunter’s Pointe (2011-2014)