Director/Shareholder Jim Thomas is a business lawyer with years of corporate and M&A experience in Greater Denver and a little-known knack for handling the front end of a tandem bike, where he's known as “Captain.” Most of Jim's clients are privately-held companies and individuals who look to him as a long-term, trusted advisor, helping with business issues and purchase and sales transactions all over the U.S. He enjoys working in varied industries, representing a wide variety of businesses from formation through exit and succession strategies, and whenever complex issues arise in the business life cycle. These include: • Manufacturers
• Construction companies
• Service companies
• Real estate investors
In addition, Jim represents other lawyers and law firms in their business transactions. "I'm told that one of my strengths is that I'm a good listener," according to Jim. "I often spend a good portion of a meeting quietly assimilating the thoughts of clients and other advisors before I begin to propose my ideas to the client. That's a big plus for clients who might otherwise lose sight of the forest."
Professional and Civic Activities
• Current leadership roles:
• Nominating Chair, Frontier District, Boy Scouts of America’s Denver Area Council
• Sand Creek Regional Greenway Partnership
• Prior leadership roles with:
• Colorado Children’s Chorale
• Kempe Children’s Foundation
• The Children’s Hospital Foundation
• Stanley British Primary School
• Washington Park Early Learning Center
• Phoenix District (Special Needs), Denver Area Council, Boy Scouts of America
• Other commitments and participation include:
• Denver Metro Chamber Leadership Foundation
• Denver Thought Leaders Forum
• Philmont Staff Association
• Member, Montview Boulevard Presbyterian Church – Jim has served his church in numerous capacities, ranging from chairing its Pastor Nominating Committee to performing in its musicals.
• Jim also contributes to his profession, including mentoring law students.