Areas of Practice
- Business Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Estate Planning and Business Succession
- Real Estate
- Wine Law
Formerly Gaw Van Male, GVM Law has been a leading estate planning and wine law firm in California since 1972, with one of the largest estate planning departments in the state.
The wine law practice has served clients with family-owned wineries and vineyards since its beginning. The practice has grown alongside Napa Valley and like the estate planning practice, now enjoys a far-reaching reputation. We are not just attorneys for the wine industry; we are active participants as well and understand our clients’ unique issues. Examples of our personal involvement in the wine industry are:
• Family ownership of prestigious Pahlmeyer winery & vineyards
• Winemakers and owners of Merisi Wines
• Vineyard owners, including One Lane Bridge Ranch & Vineyard
• Prior in-house counsel to Sutter Home, and Trinchero Family Estates brands. Sutter Home is the fifth largest winery in the United States, and third largest family-owned winery
• Two partners are founders with Dwyane Wade producing the D Wade Cellars wines
GVM Law is a sophisticated law firm with a relaxed, warm, friendly and approachable environment that will make you feel comfortable and confident.